The Gateway & Resource For Migrants & People Working With Them
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gateway & Resource For Migrants & People Working With Them

Falkirk Areas First Point of Call Re Migrant Issues & Information

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How can I get my employer to give me my work rights?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

How can I get my employer to give me my work rights? Empty
PostSubject: How can I get my employer to give me my work rights?   How can I get my employer to give me my work rights? EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 6:13 pm

Employers deny you your rights for a mix of reasons. Sometimes it is because they don’t know what their responsibilities are. Sometimes it is because they have always managed to get away with it, but will back down if challenged. And sometimes it is because they rely on fear and exploitation to make their profits.

There is a legal remedy for all the rights described in this section. But that does not mean it is always an easy process to get your rights. Bad employers do victimise staff who insist on their legal rights. The best way to proceed is to take advice from your trade union, or if you are not a member find out the best one for your and your colleagues to join, and then take its advice.
Back to top Go down
https://icf-falkirk.forumotion.com

How can I get my employer to give me my work rights?
Page 1 of 1