The Gateway & Resource For Migrants & People Working With Them
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gateway & Resource For Migrants & People Working With Them

Falkirk Areas First Point of Call Re Migrant Issues & Information

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is mass migration unsettling Falkirk's indiginous communities?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Is mass migration unsettling Falkirk's indiginous communities? Empty
PostSubject: Is mass migration unsettling Falkirk's indiginous communities?   Is mass migration unsettling Falkirk's indiginous communities? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 3:16 am

Our Falkirk office has ben the subject of many attacks by vandals, although these attacks have been very minor such as graffiti, unmentionables in the mail box, a few prank phone calls etc etc never the less they have occurred.
We at ICf have begun to notice an increase in hostilities against the migrant community. Is this the start of something that we must start worrying about.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://icf-falkirk.forumotion.com
Guru

Guru

PostSubject: Re;unsettling the indiginous community   Is mass migration unsettling Falkirk's indiginous communities? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 3:46 am

Unfortunatley this was inevitable, especially as we are now going through an economic turndown the first people who are going to be targeted are the new migrants and the people supporting them.
Back to top Go down
yahoo

PostSubject: re; tensions etc   Is mass migration unsettling Falkirk's indiginous communities? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 3:57 am

I totally agree about the tensions...however the eu migrants have had an easy journey to the UK and have had excellent treatment despite some of the disgraceful exploitations.
My parents came over from Pakistan in the 60's and they did not get the support that is available for migrants and immigrants today and they went through much worse.
remember. No Blacks, No Pakis, No Iriish and No Dogs........
. However time moves on, but people will still be racist when they feel threatened its all about education.

Oh and just a thought....not sure howmany new migrants in Falkirk area now but must be in the thousands and rising... what if.........
these new migrants were brown or black faces............................how would the indiginous community have reacted then.....
the saying..............hell would have broken loose...comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
Falkirk Bairn

Falkirk Bairn

PostSubject: Re; tensions   Is mass migration unsettling Falkirk's indiginous communities? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 4:03 am

Hey guys...
I see things are going to get hot in here once the word gets around re this forum....wow Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Falkirk Bairn

Falkirk Bairn

PostSubject: £50K A YEAR AND STILL LIVING IN POVERTY   Is mass migration unsettling Falkirk's indiginous communities? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 6:49 am

HI

I am a white scottish single parent and live in Bainsford just around the corner from your office.
About 2 years ago Polish family moved into the flat above us. just a one bedroomed rundown flat. They have two children attending the local primary school.

I have had personal dealings with this couple as they have become so called friends and ask me to help with the kids at school and explain letters to them and help fill family credit forms etc. they are always asking if they can claim any benefits or rent rbates etc etc

The flat is still not furnished or decorated. they sleep on mattreses on the floor, don't have a proper cooker, just a table top grill type thing. They don't buy a tv license and are trying to avoid paying council tax.

Then upon helping them with forms...I find that the man earns in excess of £32,000 per year as a lorry driver and the woman earns around £15000 a year as a carer at a nursery home.
On top of all this they are still looking for more work.
they have groceries delivered by a white polish van which comes every two weeks. alcohol,food,cigarettes, sweets etc etc all the way from poland.
The woman also told me yesterday they are going to get furniture deliverd from poland soon and they have friends coming from poland to decorate the flat.

As a single parent with absolutely nothing.. it's made me very bitter.. and bordering on being a racist.
What exactly is this couple/family contributing to our economy?
Can you please explain as i'm seeing a lot of people in Baisford and langlees becoming unsettled with the new people coming in
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re; £50k a year   Is mass migration unsettling Falkirk's indiginous communities? EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 7:19 am

We are all looking to improve our lot and find loop holes on ways to avoid paying for certain things. This family is no different. Just because they are enquiring about rebates and extra benefits it does not make them greedy. they will only get what they are entitled to.
Don't forget this family is contributing by paying the taxes on the money they are legitamatly earning.
Thats a lot of tax on £50k

As for their shopping preferences again they are free just as you and I are, to purchase their groceries wherever they like.
Their are now many Polish and Eastern Euro suppliers doing door to door deliveries just as tesco does, so I wouldn't worry too much about this either.

As far as their living conditions are concerned I bet they will be moving out from your area soon and buying a property in a leafy part of town.

From our experience many migrant households have a mission to succeed and succeed they do by working hard and some more.
Back to top Go down
https://icf-falkirk.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is mass migration unsettling Falkirk's indiginous communities?   Is mass migration unsettling Falkirk's indiginous communities? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is mass migration unsettling Falkirk's indiginous communities?
Page 1 of 1