The Gateway & Resource For Migrants & People Working With Them
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gateway & Resource For Migrants & People Working With Them

Falkirk Areas First Point of Call Re Migrant Issues & Information

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cultural education in primary schools.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
School Teacher

Cultural education in primary schools. Empty
PostSubject: Cultural education in primary schools.   Cultural education in primary schools. EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 7:41 am

Hello.

I'm quite impressed with this forum and feel it may become a treasure of information for the community.
My questions are.

1. Does the ICf have an outreach education officer? for example to be able to come and talk to p6/7 children about religions and culture.
2. If so, how can we primary schools access your service?

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Cultural education in primary schools. Empty
PostSubject: Re; Cultural Education   Cultural education in primary schools. EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 7:51 am

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

Yes the ICf does have such people to go and talk about culture, religion etc in primary schools.

We currently have people who can talk about:
Islamic culture and beliefs, i.e the holy month of ramadhan and Islam itself, The prophets, islam and other religions.

Sikhism

Christianity orthodox and non orthodox.

Judaism

African and Arab issues and cultures

We are also talking to Polish, Lithuanian authorities on providing us with literature/dvd's etc on the culture and background of these countries and will soon have a dedicated outreach worker to talk on this particular subject.

If you would like further info, just get intouch; email or phone us. 01324 635115
Back to top Go down
https://icf-falkirk.forumotion.com

Cultural education in primary schools.
Page 1 of 1