The Gateway & Resource For Migrants & People Working With Them
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gateway & Resource For Migrants & People Working With Them

Falkirk Areas First Point of Call Re Migrant Issues & Information

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Right to work check sheet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Right to work check sheet Empty
PostSubject: Right to work check sheet   Right to work check sheet EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 5:51 pm

You have responsibilities as an employer in the United Kingdom to prevent illegal working. It is illegal to employ a person aged 16 or over who is subject to immigration control unless you can confirm their right to work
You should establish a persons right to employment before they begin work. You should ask all of your potential employees to provide the following (ensuring that you keep a copy for your records)[/b]

1 of the original documents listed below:
UK passport describing them as a British Citizen or a Citizen of the UK and Colonies having the right to abide in the UK.
Passport with Certificate of Entitlement, certifying the right to abide in the UK.
Passport or National Identity Card issued by the European Economic Area Agreement.
UK Residence Permit.
Passport or travel documents issued by the Home Office confirming the holder has right of residence in the UK as a family member of a named National of the State.
Passport or travel document endorsed to show the holder is exempt from Immigration Control.
Registration Card showing the holder is entitled to take up employment in the UK.

Or 2 of the original documents listed below:
P45, P60 or National Insurance card or letter from a Government Agency confirming a permanent National Insurance number.
Full Birth Certificate.
Certification of registration or naturalisation as a British Citizen.
Letter from the Home Office showing the holder has been granted indefinite leave to enter and remain in the UK.
Immigration Status Document.
Work permit approved by Work Permit UK.
Passport to confirm right to enter and work in the UK.

We would recommend that a photocopy of the ID is taken; please ensure that the applicant provides the original document, do not accept photocopies. Date, sign & keep a copy on file to prove you saw the original document.

From the 29th February 2008, new measures to prevent illegal working are to be introduced.
Civil penalties for employers of ten thousand pounds per illegal migrant worker
It will be a criminal offence for employers who knowingly employ illegal migrant workers, which will carry a maximum 2 year prison sentence or an unlimited fine.
A continuing responsibility for employers of migrant workers to check their ongoing entitlement to work in the UK.

If you are in any doubt about their right to work DO NOT EMPLOY THEM, call the Home Office Work Permit Helpline on 01142 594074.
Back to top Go down
https://icf-falkirk.forumotion.com

Right to work check sheet
Page 1 of 1