The Gateway & Resource For Migrants & People Working With Them
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gateway & Resource For Migrants & People Working With Them

Falkirk Areas First Point of Call Re Migrant Issues & Information

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lithuanian Association in Falkirk

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
joker

joker

Lithuanian Association in Falkirk Empty
PostSubject: Lithuanian Association in Falkirk   Lithuanian Association in Falkirk EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 2:52 pm

hello. i just heard through the grapevine that some liths have got together and formed a lith association
is this true. has the council got nothing better to do other than finance these single minded selfish groups that have no interest in
intergration.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lithuanian Association in Falkirk Empty
PostSubject: lithuanian association   Lithuanian Association in Falkirk EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi joker
thanks for pointing this out to us.
I have just made a few phone calls and it seems that you are right. indeed there is a lithuanian group being set up by falkirk council, despite the presence and work of our organisation. I just spoke to the Lithuanian consulate and they were under the impression that the ICF was behind this new group as the ICf have been heavily involved with the Lithuanian community in Falkirk.
The council workers seem to have gone back on there word once again and seem to be dead set on setting up as many groups as they can and concentrate on quantity rather than quality. We only have a working agreement with the council..,yet they haven't even consulted us or indeed invited us to the launch.
i fear they will be exactly like the previously launched Polish group. who despite usuing our services never came round the table to talk to us, but instead saw as competition and a threat, they refused full stop to be involved or work with any other group except the group of council workers, politicians and councillors that surrounded them.

Not sure what this new group will be able to offer that we can't or haven't.

I suppose its a free country,,,, but the funding for us and this new group and any other group is going to come from the same sources.... why the council are doing this i don't know..
we'll just have to wait and see...
Back to top Go down
https://icf-falkirk.forumotion.com

Lithuanian Association in Falkirk
Page 1 of 1